We have family home evening 52 times a year. OK, maybe only 40 times. But no matter what, my absolute favorite week of FHE is the week we make our picks for the NCAA tournament.
March Madness, baby. It's here again.
On Sunday, Andrew (and Tyler) were counting down the minutes until the brackets were announced. Over the next 24 hours there was discussion over who would be making what picks, a quick refresher course on seeds and rankings and upsets, and a short history of the tournament with its trends and statistics.
But nothin' means nothin' till Glenn comes home from work with pages of empty brackets, and we push through dinner and song and lesson, and gather around the table with pencils in hand (some are brave enough to use pen) and start scribbling teams.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Family Dance
Posted by Amy Franklin at 9:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I LOVE MARCH MADNESS! However this may be one of the few years I do not pick Duke to win :(
Anndddd, how's it going. Kevin just told me that out of 28 games played so far, he's got 25 right. All I could say to him was sorry about BYU. ;)
Where'd ya'll put KU?
I am loving the dance. Sadly, I just watched OSU lose in 2 overtimes. Oh well. Good thing I only picked them to win 1.
I can't keep up with college ball but how about Dwight Howard last night? KG who? Go Cavs!
Post a Comment