Last fall Brooke won two free tickets to Smuckers Stars on Ice for participating in the school fundraiser (and by "participating in the school fundraiser" I mean there was a perfunctory purchase of a couple tubs of cookie dough on my part). And so, thinking the event would live up to its name, we sent in for our tickets and put it on the calendar.
So OK, who are these "stars" going to be? All right! Sasha Cohen! Loved watching her in the Olympics. And she really was beautiful to watch.
Who else? Todd Eldridge? Well, at least I've heard of him. But with him, there's this....
...which is sometimes a little hard to stomach.
Also unsettling was this...
...and this...
...and the fact that even though this...
...was quite nice, I have no idea who that girl is. Never heard of her or the rest of the skaters.
But even though the show ran long and the cheese factor was great, I got to spend some quality time with my very own star...
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Stars (?) on Ice
Posted by Amy Franklin at 8:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Melissa, Janice and I also went. It's funny that we were opposite in who we liked. Sasha seemed flat to me--like she was going through the motions but didn't feel it. I loved Todd Eldredge (he can spin like no-one else), and Janice's favorite was Michael Weiss. I've heard of most of the skaters so liked seeing them. Janice is waaayy into skating and knew stuff about most of them. We enjoyed it!
Congrats to Brooke for working so hard and winning the tickets. What a fun way to spend time together! I'm sure she won't remember all of the cheese.
OK, now I know there were THREE stars there (at least)!!
(can you guess who?)
It's all about time together and memories, right? The best star was the one sitting next to you :)
Post a Comment