I found out about OROC (OutRun Ovarian Cancer) through my morning exercise class. The teacher is on the committee or something and a bunch of people were talking about the 5K race. Melissa and I have not done a 5K in a LOOOOONG time, so we decided to sign up. It both started and finished at the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame downtown, so Nate and Glenn and all the kids came with us as well.
There was lots going on in front of the Rock Hall, including tables with free goodies, music, and magic tricks!

The race started at 9 and took us around the streets of downtown Cleveland. I would say it was a lovely race, but the first mile and a half was uphill with a strong headwind! We kept a good pace, though, and I settled in fine until we reached Huron (I believe) and there was some sort of fried food smell that was making me want to retch. Thank goodness we got past that quickly and moved on to East 4th--the coolest street downtown! We've been there before when we saw Brian Regan, but I forgot how cute it is....lights strung between the buildings, outdoor seating--it reminded me of New York. It provided a nice distraction for the second mile.
The end of the race had a little bit of a downhill stretch, so we took advantage of that and made it to the end in under 32 minutes. I think that is a pretty good pace, all things considered! And there is nothing better than seeing loved ones at the end, cheering you on!
Almost done....
Hey! Why is this little kid beating us?






4 comments:
Good for you guys! I'm sad not to be doing the Race for the Cure this year -- do you usually do it? I should have signed up this year anyway...count me in for next year if you plan to participate!
You're both winners in my book!
That's MY girls!!!!!!!!
You Go Girl(s)! How fun! I jog almost every morning and do about 4 1/4 miles in an hour, your 32 min. is GREAT and you rock just for doing it. I need to do a few races.
I had the most amazing salad for dinner last night and lunch today--spinach leaves, cooked, cut up chicken breast, strawberries, raspberries and some blueberries, a few walnuts on top, then drizzled with a little balsalmic vinegar and about 1 t. olive oil. SO good. I LOVE the fruit on a salad combo--Kevin does not believe fruit should be on a salad, he was not home to see either one!
Yeah for kids in school! ;)
Good job!!!You guys truly ROCK!!
Post a Comment