Yesterday I took Emma and Leah downtown for their first laser treatment. I have to say, it was a great experience. Everyone was so nice and helpful, supportive and encouraging. They took us back right away and got the numbing cream put on the girls' faces. We had our own little room to wait in so we didn't have to go back out front. We waited about 30 minutes and then we were ready to go.
They took us into the procedure room and Emma climbed up on the table. Leah had to wait for her turn behind a curtain. We all put funny goggles on and then the doctor came in and started the procedure. She explained what she was going to do, and then started in. Emma flinched every time, but she said it didn't hurt. I think it was just a reflex from the sound and sensation. Emma was a real trooper and did a great job. Leah was next and did just as awesome. Even thought she flinched as well, she also said it didn't hurt at all. The doctor and nurses were so impressed with both the girls.
I'm kind of impressed with myself, too, because I actually did not tear up at all! I thought about it, especially while the procedure was happening, because I could not see the girls' eyes, so I was not totally sure how they were handling things. Both Emma and Leah took everything in stride (they didn't even want the latex glove filled with ice cubes afterwards!) and I knew there was no reason to get choked up. Not that that has stopped me in the past, but hey--there's a first time for everything!
Anyway, I am proud of Emma and Leah. To look at them you can't even tell anything was done! But I know it is preventing possible problems in the future, so I am so glad we did it. We go back for the next treatment on October 17.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Laser Tag
Posted by Amy Franklin at 2:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Excellent girls! That's a great attitude that will help you LOTS when you have other procedures in the future. I am proud of yous guys!
(You too, Amy! Way to keep the emos under wraps!)
Post a Comment