Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Today I will...

- hear four alarms going off before 7 am.

- make a hot, healthy breakfast.

-keep encouraging Andrew to finish the picture he was supposed to draw for the first day so that he can eat breakfast (yes, we forgot to do this until late last night...are we starting off on the wrong foot already?).

-take the traditional standing-by-the-front-door-with-your-hand-on-the-doorknob pictures.



-say my standard "I'll be here when you get home" goodbye.

-watch Brooke enjoying her role of oldest Franklin kid at Holly Lane, and reassuring Andrew that she'd show him where his classroom is.

-hear my ten year old girls tell me it's ok to take the camera to their bus stop.

-watch my kids board their buses two by two.

-take a deep cleansing breath.

-sit in and relish the silence (until Porter gets here).

-trust that my children are safe and happy while they are away from me.

-do my Visiting Teaching.

-think about the kids and wondering if they are getting to where they need to be ok.

-watch a vintage 90210 episode.

-make a healthy after-school snack.

-be watching for the kids to come home in a flurry at 2:39 and 3:41 pm.

-sort through mountains of papers and forms, most of which will end up in the recycling bag.

-hear all about the new adventures of recess and lunch and lockers and teachers and friends.

-spend my afternoon pacing back and forth between the kitchen and dining room, making sure everyone is staying on task.

-grill a yummy pork roast for dinner.

-try to make the chaos of after-dinner chores, lunch making, backpack packing, and shower taking go just a little bit more smoothly than it did last night.

-get everyone in bed early, and then crash with Glenn.

-cry if I think about any of this too much longer.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Look at you all organized!! hope your day is great!

Portia said...

Everything's under control.
Great job everyone!
Wish I was there!!!

Jill said...

I can't believe all of your kids are in school for the whole day! They look so cute in their first-day-of-school outfits. I miss them SO much!! And I can't wait to be there and help with homework and packing lunches. P.S. the word verification this time is "chuploy" and for some reason it cracked me up.

Katrina said...

You're much better organized and in control than I seem to be!

Malissa said...

Such a fun time of year filled with anticipation and excitement! Hope they have a great year!