After coming home from running yesterday to lots of fighting and bickering, I half-heartedly tried to get the kids to get themselves together while I went upstairs to shower and get ready for the day. I did not have much hope that anything I had said had even been heard, let alone heeded. I took my time in my room, both relishing the few moments to myself and avoiding the mess that awaited down below.
I finally could drag out my alone time no longer. I headed downstairs, ready to dive into the pile of dishes in the kitchen sink. But as I walked down the hallway, there was no pile to be seen! My two wonderful ten year olds had taken it upon themselves to clean the entire kitchen AND vacuum the kitchen floor. Without (technically) being asked. Isn't this a scenario that mothers everywhere dream about? Well yesterday, for one brief moment (until the kitchen was messy from lunch), it was my reality.
The dream continued later on that day when Emma and Leah thoroughly cleaned the fish bathroom of their own free will. Leah told me that they had decided to get to work on their Faith in God award and one of the things was to write down five things they could do to help around the house. And apparently carry them out. It sure was a red-letter day for this mom!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
A Mother's Dream Come True
Posted by Amy Franklin at 12:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Emma and Leah are becoming good examples to the other two children! Hopefully they helpfulness continues after they earn the award.
Maturity levels are rising! Congrats mom & dad & young ladies!
That is a wonderful dream! I hate that before school starts bickering.
Lucky!
Post a Comment