Sunday, September 14, 2008

Deja Vu...All Over Again

With Jenna here, I have been reliving the toddler years...just without the stress and pressure and guilt and worry. So basically, it's been great. I love how Jenna has the same curly baby mullet that Brooke had...{THEN}

{NOW}

...and gets just as messy!
{THEN}

{NOW}

We have made play dough (because I don't have the real stuff anymore!),What is this stuff?

Who cares? This stuff is awesome!

gone for a walk in the Metroparks, No, Aunt Amy, I do not want to take a picture with you... I would rather play in the mud and throw rocks in the river with Porter!

played with the few age-appropriate toys I have left, A scene from yesteryear...toys in the living room!

walked Emma and Leah to the bus stop, and watched for the kids to come home from school. (sorry, no photo!)

What is very different than when my kids were this age, is that there are older kids around who LOVE to play with Jenna, watch after her, and chase her around. I wonder how different things would have been with a couple of ten year olds and an eight year old around to help out with the little ones. Emma, Leah, and Brooke are so good with Jenna...and Jenna loves to play with them.We thought Jenna might be a bit overwhelmed by the number of cousins and the sheer amount of noise they create, but she has fit right in and saves her biggest laughs and squeals for the kids.

2 comments:

Portia said...

Cuties one and all!!!

You know, Melissa wasn't much older that E&L when she started babysitting for the Andersons. Scary, very scary!

Julie said...

Cuties! Brooke is still just as adorable as then :) At least nnow she doesn't get food all over her face!