.....NOT going to be me. I'll admit--last Friday I was a bit inspired by a small-town woman with five children standing before the nation accepting her place in history. It made it seem like anyone could work their way from the PTA to city council to state government and even higher by just trying to do what's right. Why not me?
Because I can't get past the PTA. I have become more involved in that microcosm of American bureaucracy this year, and I have quickly confirmed that I will never be moving any further into the political arena. Yesterday, in trying to fulfill the simplest of committee chair duties, I had to jump through more hoops than a circus poodle. Our newly-hired principal must be intoxicated with her newly-found executive power as she is creating so much red tape and new protocols for us to wade through. I am not trying to make this overly political, but you may be able to guess my leanings...I am not one for big government, even on the elementary school level.
And so, even though I think I secured all of five votes around the dinner table for my city council campaign, my public service begins and ends with the PTA. I am happy to let others navigate the governmental waters. And maybe, just maybe, this time I'll get to vote for someone who will do it like I would.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
The Next Vice Presidential Candidate Is....
Posted by Amy Franklin at 8:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
You would SO be a bulldog like Palin! Go for it!
Post a Comment