Melissa and I have been participating in the Race for the Cure since 2005. On that October day, I had never run a 5K and Melissa was pregnant with Porter. A lot has changed since then, but we have done the race every year.
But this time was my secret favorite. Because this time Jill was here. And she registered. And got a bib to pin on her shirt. And she pinned that bib on and lined up at the starting line (well, a few yards back anyway) with 20,000 other people in the sticky, wet, drizzly weather and waited for Romona Robinson to ring the starting bell. And then the three of us started running. Together. The whole way.
Together forever and never to part. All the way to the finish line. Then to the sidewalk for a rest. Then to the Mitchell's ice cream booth for a free scoop. Together for a second trip to Kohls, pizza and movie night, more Mitchell's and What Happened in Vegas. Don't you know I would move heaven and earth to be together forever with you?
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Don't Stop Me Fallin'
Posted by Amy Franklin at 3:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Good thing that movie did not ruin that good day with your sisters (or was it the Mitchell's?)
The awesome thing about it is, you WILL be together forever! Doesn't that feel good!?!
Sounds like you had a great day. And by the way I love the song quote at the end.
Can I rain on your parade and join in next year? This is the first time I've missed since about 2002. I've done it 4 weeks after giving birth and at 17 weeks pregnant...but I just couldn't get it together this time. 25 weeks pregnant, soccer games and a working husband just didn't mesh. (MAN it sounds like I have A LOT of kids!) WAY TO GO!
Sounds like a memorable day! How fun to have all 3 of you do it together.
Post a Comment