Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Separation of Church and State?

Today Brooke came home with a (photocopied) letter from Laura Bush extolling the benefits of reading. I asked Brooke if she knew who Laura Bush was, and with an emphasis on the Bush portion of the name, she was able to figure it out. I then asked if she knew what Mrs. Bush's title is. The question was met with a look of confusion. The rest of the conversation...

Me: Well, George W. Bush's title is President of the United States, and Laura Bush's title is....

Brooke: (another confused look)

Me: She's the First......

Andrew: (piping in) Counselor!

*For my non-Mormon readers, you can click here and then on "Additional Information" to see why Andrew would gotten mixed up!

5 comments:

Portia said...

A real gem! Just like Brooke!

Katie said...

Love it!

Nikki said...

That is funny!

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

Hey.. I am glad I found your blog.. Kids say the darnest things! But that is what keeps us going!!

Julie said...

that is a classic! Very funny!