Andrew was invited to play at his friends' house this afternoon. In the car on the way over, I explained to him that they have a nanny.
Andrew: What's a nanny?
Me: It's like a babysitter all the time, when the kids get home from school.
Andrew: Where is their dad?
Me: At work.
Andrew: Where is their mom?
Me: At work.
~pause~
Andrew: I'm glad you are home, Mom.
~choirs of angels begin to sing~
Andrew: I wouldn't want to have a nanny.
Me, feeling overjoyed: I can't even tell you how happy I am to hear that, Andrew.
I am very glad to be your mom all the time.
Me: It's like a babysitter all the time, when the kids get home from school.
Andrew: Where is their dad?
Me: At work.
Andrew: Where is their mom?
Me: At work.
~pause~
Andrew: I'm glad you are home, Mom.
~choirs of angels begin to sing~
Andrew: I wouldn't want to have a nanny.
Me, feeling overjoyed: I can't even tell you how happy I am to hear that, Andrew.
I am very glad to be your mom all the time.


5 comments:
Awwww.......savor those moments!
You are a GREAT mom!
How sweet!!
That made me tear up... what a sweet tender moment with your little boy!
Cute moments like that make all the undesirable moments but an oblivion when looking into the past.
Post a Comment