Today I made a trip to my favorite of grocery stores, Aldi. I love that place. Cheap and quick. I don't even mind bagging my own purchases. But here is what I don't like--putting groceries away. And as I hauled bag after bag into to house, I realized that this is a pattern with me and the household chores. I am not a fan of putting things away.
I love folding laundry, I hate emptying the baskets of folded clothes.
I enjoy filling the dishwasher up with dirty dishes, I cannot stand putting clean ones in the cabinets.
I get excited about tossing garbage, I loathe taking out a full bag of trash.
I go to great lengths to avoid doing the dreaded half, too. In my opinion, this is one of the many benefits of having a husband and kids. You see, the kids have been emptying their own laundry baskets for years now. Emptying the dishwasher is a big part of the kids' dinner chores rotation. And as for the garbage, well, I will go so far as to start another bag of trash and hang it on the kitchen closet door than walk the 50 steps to the garage with a full bag.
I did unload the Aldi's bags today, but just to set the stuff on the counter, not to put it in the pantry. I've got my worker bees coming home in a half hour.
Monday, September 29, 2008
I'm fine with the ying, but does the yang have to come with it?
Posted by Amy Franklin at 1:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm with you and that one...I can't wait until my kids are old enough to do some real chores!
That's awesome. I do the same thing... I'll get another roll of toilet paper but for some reason I don't put it on! Jake hates it. "It takes two seconds!"
...50 steps, really? You are not that short. Jake, do what I did...replace all the toilet paper holders with that hook thing so you don't even have to take the holder off! Problem solved.
Oh my ! these girls are definitely their father's daughters!
I am the same with with folded laundry, unloading the dishwasher, taking out trash, etc. Hmm, I wonder why that is.
Amy, I love your blogs!
Post a Comment