
Even though I am trying really hard to be good, I decided to make one of my greatest temptations.....muffins. Here is the recipe I used.
Whole Wheat Flax Seed Muffins
1/4 C. ground flax seed
3/4 C. whole wheat flour
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten (I used eggbeaters)
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 C. pumpkin
3 Tbsp. applesauce
1/2 C. milk
Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and stir until blended. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
That's it! So easy and so healthy--no fat and low sugar. I actually modified a recipe that called for 1 1/2 C. chopped apples instead of the banana and pumpkin, and you could use all white flour if you don't have wheat. And I added a mini chocolate chip to make them more appealing to the kids. Yummy!!
Porter came over to have rice krispie treats made with cheerios. Andrew's idea was to make some sort of sculpture with the food, but it didn't work out, so the boys just added sprinkles, red hots, and mini chocolate chips and dug in.

I like the sprinkle on Porter's nose.
The happy chef!

1 comments:
I think I'll have to try those muffins. They sound really good!!
Post a Comment