...was not served at our house this morning. No Wheaties, no pancakes, not even a piece of toast. No, what you see here is not the remnants of a healthy morning meal. You see, I did not wake up until after 7 this morning. Didn't hear the alarm, didn't notice the bathroom light shining through my door, didn't hear the murmur of children chatting as they brushed their hair. Leah came in and said, "Mom, are you going to get up?!?" Brooke wasn't up either, and when I went in her room, she says, "Mom, I don't think I can get ready in time." Well, somehow the kids did make it on the bus, but that was only because I told them to grab a CUPCAKE that I had made for snack the day before. Yes, my children had chocolate cupcakes for breakfast this morning. How great a mom am I? Ask the kids and they'll give me rave reviews today.
Here's how I justified it...is it any worse than a cinnamon roll? It has eggs, another breakfast staple, and I did substitute applesauce and a ripe banana for the oil. And, in the name of health, they were eaten sans frosting.
So there you go. Cupcakes for breakfast, Andrew had a muffin (yes just a muffin) for lunch (we were late getting back from Aldi's), and for dinner.....well who knows what might happen. I did get some ice cream at the store today.....

5 comments:
Sounds like my kind of breakfast!
I think that is a great breakfast, especially because of all the fruit you put into the cupcakes. Definately low fat, so what if there is cocoa and flour. I am reminded of Bill Cosby and his comedy act of "Dad is great! He gives us chocolate cake!!" Very funny!!
You probably don't even realize that I read your blogs, but have been since receiving your Christmas letter. It's so fun to hear about and see you and your family. Everyone's blogs I read really motivate me to start one for our family. (I just need to learn how!) Man, a cupcake sounds so good right now! ; )
I agree with Jill, thats my kind of breakfast! Its not any worse than the sugar cereal I give my kids in the morning.
Sweet! That's my kind of breakfast. Sorry, just realized two other people said that exact thing. But I'm with you, grains and eggs, what could be better, right?
Post a Comment