It has happened--I've been tagged. I am kind of nervous; the only kind of Tag I've ever liked was Carol Hathaway's fiance in season 1 of ER. More nerve-wracking than the actual 7 things about me that I have to come up with are 7 other people to tag. What you may not know is that I have been a blog stalker for a couple months now, and I know that many of you who may happen to read my blog have already been tagged. And I don't want to tag someone who is not even aware I have them bookmarked! So I will list 7 things about me, but I may come up short in sharing the love.
1. I blow my nose like an elephant. I cannot help it, and I have been teased mercilessly about it. When I was younger, my allergies were much worse than they are now, which lead to frequent nose-blowing, which lead to the teasing. Just call me Dumbo.
2. When I was at BYU I took a theater class and was required to see all the mainstage productions that semester. One of them was the musical "Chess," and I fell in love with it. I cannot understand why it didn't do well here in the states. It was a major part of the soundtrack to my college years. If I were in college now, "Wicked" would be my soundtrack, because I am Elphaba. I love musicals that inspire me (as opposed to Glenn, who just wants to laugh and be entertained).
3. In high school I discovered a man by the name of Harry Connick Jr. I was so impressed by his piano playing abilities and became a huge fan. (This has also been a source of much teasing.) His music was another big part of my college soundtrack, and he was the reason I added "plays piano" to the list of qualities I wanted in a husband. (See #4) I have gotten to see him in concert twice, and still love his music and voice.
4. I married someone who fulfilled all but 2 of the qualities on my husband list. Glenn doesn't play the piano, but he was a band-o for 4 years, so that is something. He is musical and does love music, which I am grateful for, even if our tastes sometimes clash. He also never got his Eagle Scout, but what are ya gonna do? He is funny, he served a mission, he loves kids, and he loves to play with my hair. I am so lucky to have someone who meets my wants and needs!
5. I really really want to travel. There are so many places I want to visit. I love planning for trips and vacations. Maybe I should be a travel agent when I grow up--does it come with any perks?
6. I love to bake. A lot. But I don't do it much because I know I will eat it all. Not good for an already struggling waistline. I especially love muffins, quick breads, and cookies. Anything with pumpkin, zucchini, or banana is divine. Add a mini chocolate chip in there and I am in heaven. Maybe I'll open a bakery when I grow up. A traveling bakery, perhaps?
7. I am somewhat of a traditionalist. I love traditions. The first year I was home for Christmas during college, the family just kind of wandered out to the living room on Christmas morning. This would not do for me. I made everyone go back into their rooms and start over again--the right way. Again, more teasing, but traditions give a family a sense of security which is very important for a college freshman! I am always looking for more traditions to start with my own kids.
I can only come up with 3 people to tag, so my apologies to Melissa, Jen, and Tara. The rules, should you choose to accept this tag and follow them, are as follows:
Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, as we all want to know them.
• Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So there you have it. Feel like you know me better now?
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
A friendly game of tag....
Posted by Amy Franklin at 1:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
This was a very informative post. Even I learned things about you that I didn't know before. I love it! Very Entertaining!
I love Harry Connick Jr. too. Alot!
Thanks, Amy... thanks a lot! Seven things, huh? That sounds like it's gonna take some deep thinking to come up with some good ones (that I can actually share with the public)... Anyhow, Harry Connick Jr. is, most definately, awesome. I think he's a great musician, but also that he is super cute!
I did not know you had a blog. How fun for you and me.
I love Harry, I think we listened to him together often. What about ABBA?? Dancing Queen!!!
Post a Comment