I am not going to write anything about New Year's Eve, because Melissa already blogged the highlights. You'll just have to read hers. It's better written than I would have done anyway. So here we are on the 2nd day of the year, and we started off with Brooke and my mom getting sick last night. Brooke is fine, but Mom is still trying to recover. Was it the burritos I made last night? Was it the egg in the jello pretzel salad (it was Mom's recipe!)? Was it watching 48 Hours Mystery and trying to decide if the pretty blonde was really a battered wife? Those crime scene reenactments were enough to make anyone toss their cookies. Anyway, we finally got the kids out of the house, so hopefully she can rest in peace. Wait a minute, that's not what I meant.There was a nice snow storm yesterday, so the kids piled on the snow gear and tromped around in the snow for a while. Porter even ventured out and trying to push his little lawn mower around. He was done when he fell in the snow with ungloved hands. The older kids stayed out for a while, covering the tree trunks with snow, laying down, finding frozen acorns, fighting, and pouting. Sounds like fun, huh. They are now in the house with bellies full of mac and cheese and hot chocolate. One more afternoon of trying to keep them occupied and then they are back to school. I think I am ready.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Happy New Year!
Posted by Amy Franklin at 11:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment