Yesterday was day 4 of our 4-day weekend. Andrew decided that we are going bowling. Sounds like a good idea to me. But I was envisioning a morning full of the lovely bickering and squabbling that is so prevalent in our home, and knew that would make me just want to send the kids to their rooms rather than spend money on a fun activity. I got on the treadmill and was sure that by the time I ascended the stairs I would be met with screams and shrieks. But all was quiet. Where was everybody? Are they watching TV? (always a sure way to keep them quiet) No...they were all in Emma and Leah's room, playing NICELY TOGETHER. Wow. So I jumped in the shower, absolutely positive that in that 20 (or 30) minutes all you-know-what would break loose. But still, it was quiet. They had moved downstairs, but somehow had refrained from driving each other crazy. I was quite happy to take them bowling! And they had a great time.




Brooke said she felt "uncomfortable" bowling, and shed a few tears, but she came around and ended up winning the second game. The kids were all cheering each other on and encouraging each other...so nice to hear. It was so funny to see how the girls would run back to look at the screen rather than watch the ball hit the pins. A fun winter activity, and I think everybody got at least one
Epilogue:Don't worry, there was some fighting yesterday. I don't want to leave any of you with the false notion that we had a totally peace-filled day. That would take a miracle. I was just glad for those rare moments when I enjoyed being with my kids, not refereeing them.
And I would be remiss if I failed to mention that we rearranged Emma and Leah's bedroom on Saturday as well. Here is the new layout, we just have to work on the picture/poster arrangement.



2 comments:
What a fun day! I love all the rearranging you guys are doing. The girls' room looks great! I am counting the days until you come! Love you!
Don't forget to plan for any vinyl that they may want on their walls when you are arranging the pictures and posters...
Post a Comment