We just needed a bed or two, a place to sleep on our way to and from our trip. Vegas has plenty of accomodations--isn't that all this place is? Hotels? (Oh yeah, and casinos.) But our main destination was not Vegas itself, so I wanted to avoid the Strip altogether. My criteria were:
-cheap
-free airport shuttle
-kids stay free
-free continental breakfast
That's all I needed. But sometimes you never know what you are going to get. I found a Best Western that was half the price of the hotel I had been eying previously, and it had everything else I was looking for, so we took the chance and booked a room.

When we got here late Tuesday night (and it was still 90 plus degrees outside) I was a little concerned, just because the room was SO small. With the six of us crammed in here there was not much elbow room. But (bonus #1) they had free internet! So I started working on the blog post that had been percolating during our flight. It was nice to get those thoughts down before the whirlwind that was to come.


We all slept well, with the 3 girls taking the second queen bed and Andrew sacking out on the floor, and the next morning we headed down to breakfast. We've had lots of hotel breakfasts before and they have run the gamut of quality and selection. I would have to say that this hotel had one of the best breakfasts we've had (bonus #2)! Fruit, danish, juice, croissants, french toast, cereal, milk (regular and chocolate) and(my favorite) a do-it-yourself Belgian wafflemaker! I mean, really--a meal at Denny's alone would have almost cost more than the stay here. I was very pleased.
We were ready to head out to St. George, so we got our gear and headed out. As we passed through the slot machine-free lobby (bonus #3), I grabbed the free USA Today (bonus #4) and we hauled ourselves to the Budget rental office next door (bonus #5) and picked up the minivan.
We had one more night here before heading back to Cleveland. Our plane didn't leave until 2pm, so Wednesday morning we took it easy. After breakfast we watched clips of "So You Think You Can Dance" on youtube (see bonus #1) and Glenn took the kids to the pool (bonus #6). So thank you, Best Western McCarran, for your hospitality, for the surprise bonus amenities, and for being such a lovely bookend to our fabulous vacation.

0 comments:
Post a Comment