Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Is This Happening To You???



It might be if your name is GLENN FRANKLIN, who is turning 40 today! Does that qualify as middle-aged?

I would list 40 things I love about Glenn, but that would be one lengthy list. Let's just say that from this...


to this...


to this...


to this...
to this...

Glenn has led an exemplary life. He is a man of faith, a man of strength, a man of laughter, and a man of love. And even though I was 12 when he graduated from high school, and even though I've tried to convince him that he is not part of Generation X because he has a smallpox scar and I don't, and even though he gets all those references to 80's movies that I've never seen, I am so glad he waited for me to come around. He is "my one and only love."

Happy Birthday, Glenn--wait for me on the other side of that hill!

10 comments:

Katie said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!

Max and Deborah said...

Happy Birthday Glenn!! Wow 40 years old. Can't believe that one!! Love the pic at Lizs cabin. I remember that one well. Is that Dave in the back ground?? hehe

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, Glenn! Hope you have a good one.

Glenn Franklin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glenn Franklin said...

I have ear hair...."I am turning into the fly" (not an 80's movie quote, but close since City Slicker's came out in 1991). Thanks for the kind words.....
Forgot to add I love you........

Portia said...

A smallpox scar? That's scary, Glenn! On a happy note (for me!) I just realized I'm barely old enough to be your mother!!
(Try not to think about it)
Have a happy day!

Amy Franklin said...

I should correct this to say "smallpox VACCINE" scar. Glenn has not had smallpox!

Katrina said...

Happy Birthday, Glenn! Wow, the big 40. Actually just right around the corner for me. Don't feel bad, Amy, when I was out of high school (20 years ago!), Kevin was only 13. Now that's funny. (I'm glad I waited for him!) ;)
A fun picture with all my roomies. I don't recall that one, was I there?
Love your blog, Amy and the rememberies it give me when you talk about the past!

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Glenn... we share the same birthday I however am much much younger. he he. Hope you had a good day!

Julie said...

I do not have a smallpox vaccine scar. So am I gen x? However, I do get all of the 80s movies quotes and references. ;)