We ended our first year of summer swim team with three meets last week! Emma and Leah have had a great time and it has been awesome watching their confidence grow in so many different areas. We are proud of all the hard work they put in every morning at 7:30!!

Swim Friends! Leah, Francesca, Kate, and Emma

The North Olmsted Meet was Mommy's first chance to be a timer!

Ready for some action!
The final meet was the Championships at Westlake Rec Center. We had to be there at 6:30 am and silly me--I forgot my camera! Maybe I was too busy thinking how EARLY it was on a Saturday! The girls both swam two relays (our goal for next year is to have fast enough times to swim in an individual event) and the 100 free relay was SO EXCITING!!! Emma went had the first leg, and was the first swimmer to the wall!!! Then the second girl jumped in and we fell to third place. Leah was next and she brought us back into second place!!! (Insert mother's screams here.) The final leg unfortunately brought us back to third, but I was so proud of my girls and the effort they made. It was a good lesson in teamwork!
Emma and Leah will continue swim lesson throught the school year and will be ready for those 50 meter races next summer!

2 comments:
I am so proud of both of you! You KNOW it is my wish for you guys to continue with swimming so I can live vicariously! I had a tear in my eye just seeing you up on the block! Love you!
Oh my!!! What progress is such little time! You really LOOK like swimmers! Love the team suits!
Nothing beats the thrill of a good meet! Keep up the good work, ladies!!
Post a Comment