PETA, global warming, free trade. All the celebrities have one, you know--something to speak out against, a worthy cause to put your name and your money behind that makes people stop and think. (Or roll their eyes.) Well, I may not have a famous name or lots of money, but I do now have a cause.....DOWN WITH FULL-LENGTH MIRRORS!
I hate full-length mirrors and do not have one in my house. There is no need for me to see the entire length of my body. It only serves to remind me how short I really am and conjures up all sorts of feelings of inadequacies. There I am, feeling pretty good about my self, my clothes, my body. Sure, things (like my waist) could and should be better, thinner. But when you are only checking yourself out from the chest up, it doesn't seem all that bad.
How about a wall of mirrors? I started going to an exercise class Tuesday and Thursday mornings at the rec center. Love the class, do not love watching myself and my stubby legs trying to squat and lunge. I seriously think I am only two feet tall.

--there's just no use for it. Who cares if your slip is hanging out. What you don't know won't hurt you. So no more feeling frumpy! No more feeling dumpy! 1, 2, 3, 4, we won't use mirrors anymore!
P.S. The Down With Mirrors Coalition is now accepting donations.


5 comments:
Hahaha, isn't this the TRUTH! Oh, I soo don't love mirrors...FULL LENGTH BLAH!
Count all 5'4" of me in! No full lengths here. Although sometimes I do stand up on the tub just to see if my slip is showing, but I am not there for long. I'd just ask Kevin, but he's never here Sunday mornings.
But I'm in, Friend!
(By the way, I think you look great!--I know that doesn't help, but I'm just throwing that out there, even though it doesn't make your butt look better to you in a dressing room mirror!)
Just got back from Girls Camp! Funny you should mention that song!! So nice to be in the mountains, make-up free, hair undone, and not caring one bit!!
Good memories of being there with you!
We don't have full length mirrors in our house. I don't enjoy them much.
Thanks for making me laugh out loud!
--Tacie
PS - not sure why I am signed in as Greg...
Post a Comment