Last night was a swim meet in Amherst, and we were all swimming--Emma and Leah in the pool, and I in the humidity. There was just as much water in the air as in that pool, I swear. Even when the sun went down and there was a slight breeze, you could still cut it with a knife. The guy sitting next to me thought it was "very pleasant" though. How annoying.
Since we had piano lessons from 3 to 4, that meant we left for the meet right after, and that meant there was no time for dinner. In the past I have packed a dinner for the girls to eat at the meet, but that just wasn't going to happen yesterday. So I dropped them off at the pool and went in search of a Subway.
I don't really know the city of Amherst, and it is pretty far away from anything I do know, so I stuck to the main strip. I saw McDonald's, Wendy's and Taco Bell but just was not in the mood for anything hot. Subway was nowhere in sight, but at the end of the business area I saw a Super Kmart with a big "Deli" sign on it. Unconventional, but it did the job. (By the way, I love anything "Super"--and would be in heaven if we had one close!) Sandwiches, grapes, gatorade, and cheddar popcorn for all!
Anyway, the girls did good in their races. They each had two relays and an individual event. This was an outdoor community pool and not as hi-tech as the Rec Center, so I don't know official times, but I think Emma was able to shave off another second off her freestyle time. Progress, progress!
Friday, July 18, 2008
Swim Meet
Leah in the free relay
Next week we have THREE meets! Tuesday is against North Olmsted, Thursday is a make up meet against Lakewood, and the the championships are Saturday morning. What a way to wrap up the season!
Posted by Amy Franklin at 9:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
We love all things "super" too and Emma and Leah are "SUPER" swimmers!!! Good luck next week!
Isn't it SO annying when some people actually like or at least don't mind the humidity!
There's a few times when I thought I was seriously going to just melt away.
Not sure which is worse the AZ heat or the humid heat. I stay indoors!
Cute kids and activities!
who teaches your kids piano??? Noah's teacher just moved looking for a new one.
I HATE THE HUMIDITY!! It drives me crazy and my hair and body (odor) agree! :)
Post a Comment