Last week was supposed to be a break, a reprieve of sorts, some time off between the week my parents were here and today, the day we leave for Utah. In my mind we had the whole week free. There was nothing written in my planner, just a couple of swim meets and a baseball game. The problem is, that whatever time you have, that's the time you fill. And boy, did our time fill up.
Yes, we did have those meets (where Emma shaved almost 3 seconds off her 25 fly time and Leah's relay team came in second place!) and that game (which included an inside-the-infield home run), but we crammed in a whole lot more--
-a pedicure
-a visit to my friend's house where I finally got to meet her new baby!!
-a birthday party
-two trips to the community pool (one which included friends tagging along)
-two baseball practices
-taking a meal to another friend who has 3 week old twin boys
-a trip to the zoo
-three piano lessons
-a playdate for Andrew (at our house)
-an unexpected trip downtown to a camera shop to drop off the video camera for repairs
-an Indians game for Glenn
-pizza and movie night
-another birthday party
-sharing time and singing time preparation and execution for Primary
-various other errands
-cleaning the house so we don't come home to a pigsty next week (definitely a Momism!)
And, to top it all off, we had to tackle this mountainous chore last night:
That smile on my face was because at the time I was happy to be in my PJ's and finally sitting down. It didn't last long.

These three baskets are just bedding and towels. And a couple tablecloths.

Free at last! Free at last!
So today our plane leaves at 6:30pm. I have had all day to calmly help the kids pack, take a shower, pack my own things, and write this blog post. I think I like this departure time more than an early morning one where you're up late the night before and up again at the crack of dawn, rushing around to get our the door and to the airport on time. (Sorry Melissa, for the rehashing.)
We are so excited to head west and get a break from the daily grind. Stay tuned for tales of adventure and excitement!

5 comments:
You have been busy! (And, just so you know, you did GREAT in Primary!)
Have too much fun in California...you totally deserve it!
Sounds like a busy week... okay, so when you get back we'd love to have Andrew over for that (play)date... :) And, that note on Sunday was all Kate... she just loves Andrew. Enjoy your trip to Utah! Also, I need some tweens - though I'm not sure if 10 counts, they are starting to get that look and style (& twins) for my portfolio... if the twins would be up for getting dressed up urban and having a shoot after you get back, I'd SO appreciate it... thanks!
I will never again complain about doing laundry. That's crazy! Have a great time in Utah! Love you!
*edited to say...have too much fun in UTAH..... you totally deserve it :)
I'm so glad that someone else's laundry piles look like mine! I'll be interested to hear how the trip went -- and about your sightseeing in Vegas!
Post a Comment