Wednesday, December 26, 2007

After weeks and months of planning, purchasing, wrapping, sneaking, and stressing, it was all over in about 30 minutes. Glenn and I had been up in the middle of the night with the fourth and final child to get the stomach flu, so we put the kids off until 8:00. Yes, this is another Christmas miracle. They were patient enough to open their gifts one at a time in order from youngest to oldest as is tradition, but even with that structure, I walked into the kitchen to start the cinnamon rolls at 8:35. And that was that. I was asleep on the couch by about 9:45. We had a nice lazy morning and then headed to the Franklins to open presents with them. Emma only stayed about 20 minutes because she still wasn't feeling well. Glenn and I did a little switcheroo so we were each able to enjoy the yummy dinner. Later that night we headed to the Chattertons to exchange gifts with them. I think everyone was pretty satisfied and happy with what they got from Santa and other gift-givers. Emma has perked up and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the flu is gone for good. It was a fun Christmas, and the party will continue when my parents get here Friday!!


1 comments:

Jill said...

TWELVE MORE DAYS!!!