Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Keeping up with the Joneses (and the Chattertons and the Barnes and the...)

So here it is. The first blog post. I am officially jumping on the bandwagon, and I have to get this thing set up so I can get my Christmas letter out with the address. I've never been much of a trendsetter, although I think Melissa and I had jelly shoes before anyone else. And we are somewhat behind with the "latest and greatest" - heck, we still have only one cell phone! But I think the blogging craze is one I can finally get behind.

This has been a long time coming. My sisters (always great examples to me) have been doing this for a while and one of them in particular has been bugging - I mean - encouraging me to get going on one of my own. I had been using the excuse of not having a decent digital camera (hopefully an upcoming Christmas present), but I guess not every post has to have visual aids.

Now I am not creative nor clever nor smooth with my words. Nothing exciting happens around this house. We are not videotaping much (grab the camera--the kids are doing homework again!) and since the kids have met most of their developmental milestones (they have been walking and talking for a while now) there isn't a daily event warranting a scrapbook page. Besides, how long has it been since I've scrapbooked? But I have always enjoyed making a big deal out of nothing, and it seem like a blog is a popular and socially acceptable way to do this. I will do my best to become the Seinfeld of the blogging world, and maybe you'll find yourself laughing along. Or quickly clicking on another link because you just don't understand why anyone cares about this mindless drivel.

2 comments:

Chatty Family said...

YEaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I love it!

Danana Banana said...

Hi Amy!

I love getting your Christmas letters every year - and now I'm excited to read your blog!

Looks like your family has had a fun year!

Merry Christmas
Deanna