Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth...

I think that when this phrase is written in the scriptures it is referring to girls between the ages of 7 and 9. Or maybe just to my girls. The stereotype is true: girls react with MUCH emotion (my mother is smiling smugly to herself right about now; sweet justice is hers!). I have tried on many occasions to explain the concept of "overreacting" but the truth is, they know how hypocritical that is coming from me! The women in this family are always trying to get a handle on these emotions of ours!

We must not forget the gnashing of teeth...when you have 3 kids of this age, there are teeth falling out right and left! There have been four teeth under three different pillows in less than ten days. I hope the tooth fairy is getting paid well, because she is putting in some overtime at our house! But you know, her salary must not be that great, since she is a tad bit lazy. She quite often does not show up at night and will come instead a weird times like when we are at Tyler's birthday party. That crazy tooth fairy! If we keep up this pace, the girls won't have anymore teeth to gnash! (Would that help with the weeping and wailing?)


1 comments:

Jill said...

I can tell who is who just by looking at their mouths. (Brooke, Emma, Leah.... right?) Man, I'm a good aunt.