Boy, I really blew it today. I woke up late and went back to sleep on the couch after the girls got on the bus because Andrew was still sleeping. Andrew watched a lot of TV and I didn't get into the shower until 9:30. What the heck, I thought, I have no where to go, nothing pressing to do (only the things I have been avoiding and continue to avoid), no kids activities after school--it's going to be a laid back day and the kids will be in bed early!! So I did shower, and I did put on jeans even though I wasn't going anywhere (I wore sweats all day yesterday so I figured I'd dress up a bit) and I dried my hair. No makeup, though--there is time for that once Andrew leaves for school. I head downstairs to do a puzzle with Andrew, my attempt do do something productive, interactive, and educational with him. Right around 11 when I was thinking about getting Andrew some lunch, I get a phone call from a girl I co-chair a PTA committee with. "Are you coming to the bookstore today?" she asks. Oh crud. I TOTALLY forgot. It all came flooding back to me. I was supposed to be at the school at 10:30! I was supposed to make up a flyer to go home with the kids the day before! I was supposed to email the custodian the bookstore dates so he could have the tables set up for us! I was supposed to make a deposit of last month's funds with the treasurer! I told her I'd be to the school as soon as I could. I ran upstairs to slap on some courtesy makeup, brushed my teeth (another courtesy), yelled at Andrew to get his shoes and socks on and grab his backpack, and tried to find something quick for him to eat at the school. Good thing the school is only 5 minutes away. I felt like such a doofus, a slacker, lazy, irresponsible. And embarrassed. Oh well, the bookstore was fine, the custodian now has the dates for the rest of the year, and I am going to the treaurer's house tomorrow. So I didn't feel quite so bad about going home to watch Project Runway while I ate lunch. Hey--I had had a really busy day.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love it! Sounds like my everyday... Mine didn't get showered until 10:30 today (ummm... make that 1:30 for me - yikes!) :) The kids posts are Great! Love them!
Post a Comment