Saturday, December 8, 2007

Pizza and Movie Night Mania!

We had a really fun pizza and movie night last night. Nate and Melissa went to a fancy schmancy restaurant (it sounded SOOOO good!) and we had all the kids. There were lots of laughter, running around, some screaming, a naked Macey and Andrew in the basement playing dress up (yes, underwear was on and Andrew was putting on the Tinkerbell costume), rousing renditions of "Heart and Soul" from the three older girls, great peals of belly laughs from Porter, drawings, GeoTrax in the basement (Porter sat on my lap and watched the trains go around and around), Foose Ball games, and of course, pizza and a movie.

Macey and Sydney slept over and I think everyone had a great time. The girls did, at least. Sydney slept in Emma and Leah's bedroom, and they were just like little 'tweens-- talking, giggling, planning, and falling off the bed (That was Sydney. Good thing the mattress was on the floor!) Macey slept in Brooke's bed--how fun that Brooke has a double bed and that those two can sleep together! They whispered for a little bit, but were very quiet and good. Macey fell out of the bed, too, at 5:17 am. I went to help her back in, and as I was leaving, Brooke cheerfully exclaimed, "See you in a couple hours, Mommy!" We were so proud of how well the girls behaved and how nicely they went to bed! It makes us want to have another sleep over!!

Andrew and Porter were another story. We knew that Nate and Missy would be back for Porter, but it was late and he was so tired. I knew he was ready for bed. We had set the pack-n-play up in Andrew's room, thinking how fun that Andrew could finally have a boy sleep over. But Andrew was whiny about going to bed, and Porter did not want to be laid down in the pack-n-play. After a half-hearted attempt on my part to get Porter to stay in there and Andrew to lay down nicely, I scooped Porter up and went downstairs. Glenn was watching TV on the couch and I laid Porter down beside him and walked away. Not one single sound from Porter or from Andrew upstairs. Both fell asleep without another sound.

The kids woke up early this morning, of course, at least for a Saturday. But we didn't hear anything from them until 8:45 when Brooke came to our room to inform us how hungry she was and that she wanted chocolate chip pancakes. When Glenn and I got downstairs, this is what we found:


The kids were all snuggled up on the couch, watching "Elf." It was awsome. I love seeing all the kids together. It makes me so happy. I love our tradition of pizza and movie night, and it looks like we might be able to add some more sleep overs in the future, too!

3 comments:

Tara said...

I totally skipped to the comments section...didn't read a thing in your post...I'm shocked you have a blog and I had no idea...I love it...I guess it just confirms the fact that we have not talked in forever...even though we live so close...I feel so far away...How are you!?! I promise I'll read the next post and comment accordingly...I should be over the shock by then!

Nikki said...

Sounded like a fun night! I am glad to see you have a blog. I love reading them. Lets face it I waste to much time on reading blogs!

The Lassen Family said...

I am so excited to see you and Melissa in the blogging world! Isn't it fun???